Legal Considerations In Financing A Start-Up
Bergen County Business Attorney for Start-Up Businesses
New Jersey continues to be a hotbed for new and emerging companies. The entrepreneurs who start these businesses must be able to raise money efficiently and sometimes rather quickly. While immersed in the hard work of raising capital, it is easy for entrepreneurs to overlook important features of the contracts and agreements into which they are entering with investors, partners, banks and others. Such oversights can leave the entrepreneur legally vulnerable.
At M. Ross & Associates, LLC, in Englewood Cliffs, we help start-up business owners take the necessary legal steps to protect themselves and their companies. Our firm's founder, attorney Michele L. Ross, has extensive experience in all aspects of business and corporate law, having represented clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to operators of small family businesses. While you are busy borrowing money or securing investments, our Bergen County law firm can ensure that the contracts you sign benefit you, not a bank through high interest rates or an investor through control of the company.
How M. Ross & Associates, LLC Can Help
Our lawyers provide targeted legal services to those involved in financing and starting a new business in Bergen County or elsewhere in New Jersey. They will assist you at each step of the process and ensure that your interests are protected. That includes:
- Involvement in the negotiation stages
- Examination of documents to ensure that interest rates, penalties and payment terms are reasonable
- Assisting with formation of your corporation, partnership, LLC or other entity
- Drafting and reviewing shareholder agreements, share transfer restrictions and other documents designed to ensure that control of the company is allocated as you desire
- Drafting and reviewing charters, operating agreements and bylaws
Contact a New Jersey Attorney With Business Financing Questions
To learn more about raising money to start a new business and how to protect yourself in the funding phase and beyond, please call M. Ross & Associates, LLC, at (201) 897-4942 or contact our Englewood Cliffs law firm online.