Bergen County Small Business Counsel
Comprehensive Legal Services for Closely Held Businesses in New Jersey
M. Ross & Associates, LLC offers fully integrated advisory, transactional and litigation support for small to medium-sized businesses in Bergen County and throughout northern New Jersey. Many family businesses, startups, professional practices and consulting firms find our office serves effectively as an outside general counsel to cover ongoing needs for legal advice, assistance with major transactions, and emerging dispute resolution problems.
Need an experienced business lawyer who can cover your recurring legal needs? Contact our office in Englewood Cliffs today.
Benefits of an Outside General Counsel Relationship
When you work consistently with the same attorney, you'll find you don't need to reintroduce your company's objectives to your legal team each time a new problem arises. We'll already know you, the intricacies of your business, your immediate and long-range business goals, and the distinctive legal and practical problems your company encounters on a regular basis.
We advise and represent closely held businesses on the full range of legal issues practically any company is likely to encounter, including:
- Business startup, entity selection, formation and registration
- Negotiation, review and revision of basic organizational documents, bylaws, operating agreements, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements or buy-sell agreements
- Contract documentation and litigation regarding customer or vendor relationships and other essential business operations
- Real estate transactions from office or commercial leasing to land development and construction contracting
- Employment law advice and litigation defense
- Drafting nondisclosure agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Business management succession planning
- Exit planning through sale, divestiture, merger or dissolution
- Negotiation, review and enforcement of restrictive covenants such as employment agreements, non-compete agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Civil litigation of contract disputes or business torts
For issues requiring specialized legal counsel, our attorneys can work closely with a team of additional experts whose skills are closely matched to the demands of your situation. Our firm's general counsel clients benefit from our ability to mobilize an efficient legal team without the expense of keeping professionals with narrowly defined practice specialties on call.
Versatile New Jersey Business Attorneys: Call (201) 897-4942
Many different kinds of businesses benefit from a continuing relationship with our law firm: family businesses, entrepreneurs, retailers, professional practice groups, insurance agencies, food distribution companies and property management companies, to name a few.
Learn more about the range of our services in the context of an ongoing attorney-client relationship. Contact M. Ross & Associates, LLC, in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.