Jill Ellman focuses in the areas of complex commercial litigation, commercial and residential real estate matters, and intellectual property matters. Ms. Ellman has significant experience in business law as well as a background in international business disputes and international art claims. She is also a contributing author to the Center for Art Law Blog.
Prior to joining M. Ross & Associates, LLC, Ms. Ellman was an associate in the New York City office of a national law firm where she focused in the area of professional liability insurance coverage, including employment law matters. Ms. Ellman managed claims concerning high-stakes, complex lawsuits and advised on litigation strategy and risk exposure for her clients.
Ms. Ellman received her J.D. from the University of Miami and her A.B. from Brown University. Ms. Ellman is admitted in New York and New Jersey.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- Brown University, A.B., International Relations and Comparative Literature
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section
"Legal Primer for Artists: Leasing Commercial and Residential Space & Dealing with Tax Issues"
New York Foundation for the Arts, June 9, 2016
“Third Annual Art Law Symposium: Focusing on the Artist-Gallery-Dealer-Collector Relationships & Cultural Heritage”
New Jersey Law Center, September 21, 2016